Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I like my Clooneys funny

Here's a piece of advice from me to you: if you're ever in the mood to watch an incredibly complicated, well-acted but excruciatingly boring movie, go rent Syriana. Ugh. I really tried my best to hang in there for the whole thing and stick with the plot, but, man, what a snooze. You know it's a bad movie when George Clooney gets hit by a missile and I'm like "Meh." I got the general drift of it that American oil tycoons are the devil, but, dude, I already KNEW that. I've seen Dick Cheney...and I'm not ever turning my back on that guy. My favorite Clooney performance is still O Brother, Where Art Thou? followed by his brief stint on The Facts of Life. Now THAT was entertainment. The bristling tension of the Blair/Jo interactions, the boisterous joie de vivre of Natalie, such things are beyond compare. Seriously, though, does anybody else remember the Halloween episode where Blair got "dippity-dooed" and killed everybody? Good times.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I actually like it that Clooney seems to care about politics and world issues. I want to see Good Night and Good Luck, but I think I still like him better in comedies. Still not going to see Ocean's 13 though...why won't they let that die???

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Facts of Life and I will never forget seeing ER for the first time and thinking "wasn't he on the facts of life?"

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life...ok, i will stop. LOVED that show growing up. Remember Molly Ringwald in the very very early ones?

10:43 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's so bizarre how much that show changed from season 1 to season 2. I loved how the gourmet food shop turned into the neon-decorated gift shop as the years went on, too. It was never the same after Mrs. Garrett left though.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home