Friday, July 21, 2006

I'm a mog

It's Friday! Whee! In the spirit of good tidings, I present to you a very startled-looking Wubby J.:

I don't know what spooked him when I took this. It was probably the coffee maker...or a broom. He's not too keen on either of those.

I'm just so happy that the work week is almost over. Yesterday, my boss got into a car accident. She was apparently driving the school van, the brakes went out and she t-boned another van in an intersection. Everybody's fine, but that must have been scary. I had my brakes go out on me once but not completely. I just had to really slam them down to the floor to get the car to stop, but it was still frightening. I have a very clear memory of my high school driver's ed. teacher telling us to drive into a shrubbery if our brakes ever went out. Which is a good idea, I suppose, but that would have to be one tough bush to stop an out-of-control van. You just have to hope that if the shrubbery gives out, there's not a steep cliff behind it. My other vivid memory of high school driver's ed.: HIGHWAY OF BLOOD, that film about what can happen to idiot drivers. Did you guys have to watch that? With the guy who fell off the motorcycle without a helmet and split his head in two? Charming.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got to watch 'The Last Prom' about drinking and driving.

I'm glad everyone is ok b/c it sounds like a really bad accident!

Shrubbery always reminds me of Monty Python.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I got the word "shrubbery" from all the Monty Python flying around my head this morning. "Is there somebody else up there we can talk to?" "NO! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

I wonder if you can check out old drinking and driving movies from the library...? I bet those would be hilarious to watch now.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home