Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Gene Hackman

A doctor told me the other day that my blood type is AB negative. I always thought I was AB positive, but it turns out that was just another LIE my parents told me (I am still in denial that the tooth fairy isn't real...sniff). So I looked it up on wikipedia, and did you know that only 1% of the population is AB negative? Sure, in America that's still about 3 million people, but compared to A positive, I'm pretty rare. It got me thinking about how I inherited a lot of recessive genes from my parents: my Mom and siblings all have brown eyes, whereas my Dad and I got green eyes, I got blonde hair even though both my parents were brunette, and I have the very bizarre attached earlobes. The most bizarre thing is my brother. He has one eye that is blue on one side and brown on the other. When we were kids I used to call him "a genetic experiment gone horribly awry." And now he's an accomplished geneticist researching cancer. I like to think my teasing has made him the man he is today...a genetic experiment gone horribly awry using his powers for good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's like a super hero!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, he's like Spiderman except instead of shooting webs and crawling on walls, he just stares at you with his bizarre eye.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dad has a really rare blood type, too! You could be twins. ok, maybe not.
I am rh negative so when i was preggo with Emma Helen, i had to get shots in my butt!
nice image, huh? I think i will get back to work now.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how I can vibrate my eyes as well.

and, don't assume I use all my powers for good.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home