Thursday, June 29, 2006

"Me, Ted." "Your name is Meathead?"

Let's talk meat for a minute. I had to make our sandwiches for lunch this morning and decided to make peanut butter and jelly because the thought of consuming another ham sandwich made me want to hurl. So I started musing about my aversion to lunchmeat. Don't get me wrong, I will eat lunchmeat. I like turkey and chicken especially, and if the right ingredients are on a sandwich, I enjoy it quite a bit. But for some reason, the idea of baloney, ham and anything with the word "loaf" in it make me gag. I just can't figure out why. I don't think I've ever had a lunchmeat-related trauma in my life. And I have my aversion to meat on the bone because of my love for animals and dislike of chewing gristle, but lunchmeat shouldn't be a problem since it doesn't look like the animal from whence it came. So I don't understand what I have against ham, is what I'm saying. I guess I should just be happy that hamburgers are actually made from beef...cause I love me a hamburger. Great. Now I want a pickle.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kenny calls gristle "weirdness" and he will not eat any meat on the bone or Chic Fil A sandwich until he has inspected for and removed all of the "weirdness." My husband is a freak.

Julia Child said once that more people would eat meatloaf if we referred to it as pate b/c at its most basic level that is what it is!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I do love me some meatloaf. You guys might call me "interesting" and "freakish," but I totally understand about inspecting food for gristle. I won't eat the fat on a pork chop to save my life.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like meatloaf too- I have a good recipe for a mexican meatloaf, yum! But I do understand not wanting to eat another loaf, like pimento loaf or something like that.

I heard on the radio that Maury Pauvich had on a girl who had a phobia of pickles and totally freaked out if she even saw a pickle. Bizarre.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Bologna sandwiches!!! Especially with pickles!
Yummy!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I think my main problem with the "loaf" family of lunchmeat is that I don't understand how that stuff gets in there. And they never really tell you what it is either. Some green chip in my bologna?? No thank you! :)

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home