Monday, June 26, 2006

I am Superann and I can do anything

I've been up since about 4 today. Since I was wide awake and we saw X-Men 3 yesterday, I spent the couple hours before the alarm went off trying to decide what kind of mutant superpower I'd like to have if it were up to me. As cool as it would be to fly, I'm still thinking telekinesis or the ability to walk through walls would be better. Think how easy it would be for me to procure food and candy if I had either one of those powers! I'm pretty sure I would not want to have ESP though. If there's one thing I don't need, it's hearing other people's inner monologues. Bottom line is that if I ever did mutate, it would be just my luck to get some lame superpower like the ability to grow my hair at will. Big whoo.

And we watched a lot of soccer this weekend. After watching dozens of players collapse on the field after being touched by a butterfly, J and I came up with a new rule for international soccer: there will be no red cards given or medical time-outs unless one of the following occurs: a) copious bleeding, b) bones broken AND protruding through the skin, c) explosive diarrhea, or d) spontaneous combustion of a goalie. That's it. All other "injuries" will have to be walked off. Now get out there you pansy soccer players, and let's see some hustle!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I know! Those English guys were so whiny. It was only like 91 on Sunday and there were all passing out and dehydrated from the heat. Wimps.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home