Wednesday, June 28, 2006

You're not conceited...you're just honest. I love chewing gum

Today is going to be a rough day. And you know how I know that? I woke up with "Rico Suave" in my head. If that's not a sign of the coming apocalypse, I don't know what is.

I found out the other day that one of our neighbors is moving. This is good because this was the girl who tended to invite over her friends at 2 a.m. to have drunken screaming matches with each other in the middle of the street, but it's bad because there's a high probability that someone even worse will move in when they leave. The girl next door wasn't all bad either. Once she had her baby, things were calmer, but I get the impression that she's just one of those girls that tends to attract crackhead friends the way some people attract mosquitos. I find that phenomenon to be quite interesting. Me, I've never had an abusive boyfriend, hung out with a meth addict or visited someone in jail. But you hear stories all the time of people who live like that every day: stuck in a wasteland of empty beer cans, old sweatpants and court orders. It's funny, though, because as much as I want to know how that happens, I don't really want to investigate it personally. Because I am a snobby jerk. At least I'm honest about it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you get better neighbors!
i want to investigate why people wear their pants too short, why women wear a headband when their hair is too short for one and why women wear hose with open toed sandals.
Answers anyone? :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Superfluous Headband would be an excellent name for a band. You could also do Superfluous Head Band. Think of the possibilities!

I hope we get better neighbors and then quickly move to a better part of town, too. That would be ideal. I have this sinking feeling we'll be getting much worse than people who wear hose with sandals (which is very unattractive, I agree).

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even worse... black hose with silver sandals.

In defense of the baby headband, my mom had to scotch tape a bow to my head when I was a baby, so a headband might have been nice. But then again this is coming from the girl who did put a birthday hat on her dog...

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Ann, from one person with crappy neighbors to another... I really hope you get better neighbors!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, black hose and silver sandals a bad one!! Saw a woman last night in open toed sandals and hose and based on our comments yesterday, it took everything I had to not ask her why, why!

Re: neighbors...we don't even know most of our neighbors, we live in the most unfriendly neighborhood!!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home