Thursday, July 06, 2006

We're in a tight spot!

I got to work this morning and our security guard reminded me it's time for us to do our yearly employee evaluations. And that means I need to do some yearly statistics, too, so I can brag on my evaluation about how much I did last year and what a good worker I am. All in all, this is a lot of busy work. And I'm just not in the mood. I stayed up too late watching celebrity poker then listening to the neighbors setting off fireworks, so I'm just not too hepped up about computing slide scans. Blech. I'm not kidding, when are the people on my street going to stop celebrating the 4th of July? And, if they must, why can't they choose a quiet activity like hanging bunting instead of setting off M80's until 1 a.m. on a weeknight? Some day I'm going to take a survey and find out if there's anybody else in a five block radius from our house who has to be at work at 8 a.m. like we do, because I'm starting to think we're the only ones. It just occurred to me that what I really need to do is move into a nursing home. I bet that place gets real quiet by 9 at night. Brilliant!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

That's true. Maybe my next home should be a trailer park in Miami. Those are full of the elderly, but they're still young enough to wear floral shirts and sandals, right? Sounds good for Ann!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I get weirded out by too many wrinkles. It's another odd personality quirk. What can I say?

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good idea, ann! the last time i visited my grandparents in Florida was three years ago and they live in an "assisted living" community and we had happy hour (not kidding) at about 4:00 and then dinner at 4:30! it was a hoot and the whole dynamic of the place actually reminded me a lot of high school...different groups, gossip, etc. It was a hoot, I tell ya.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

We all need to retire to the same place so we can sit around and talk smack about celebrities...I wonder what Britney will be like in 30 years...

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home