Friday, June 30, 2006

Mr. Terwiliger, come quick! Cousin Merle done cemented our smell hound!

If it weren't 8:19 in the morning, I'd be giddy with excitement that today is the Friday before a 4-day weekend. You check back with me at 10:28, and I'll probably be beside myself with anticipation. J has to work this weekend, so we don't have any real special plans for the 4th of July, but I'm still hoping we can have a cookout, see some fireworks, get on a paddleboat somewhere, dump tea in a harbor, something like that. We got some Flavorice popsicles at the store the other day, so I feel like I'm halfway to a rockin' Independence Day celebration already. Man, my entire childhood was a blur of Flavorice popsicles. The best part about a Flavorice: the juice leftover once you've eaten the popsicle. The worst part: cutting off the top. Some people will tell you to just bite off the top, but I'm still a big believer in using scissors. But that's a personal preference. I don't judge.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend! May your eyebrows not be singed by fireworks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I never realized it, but I do get quite nostalgic for popsicles. My next topic: Icee's!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home