Friday, July 14, 2006

Small hands...smell like cabbage

I made my semi-weekly pilgrimage to Target last night and discovered that all the sandals are on clearance, and they're actually stocking boots now. Boots. In mid-July. You'd think after 31 years of shopping, I'd have gotten used to the bizarre early stocking they do every season, but it still always strikes me as weird when I see floral minis in February. But, hey, if this is some higher power telling me it's time to buy more sweatpants, who am I to argue?

Speaking of clothes, I'm noticing an odd preponderance of tapered/skinny jeans in the stores now. So we're done with flares and bootcuts? Frankly, I'm not sad to see flared jeans go, but bootcut and straight leg actually do look better on most people and are easier to wear with different shoes. I fear the re-emergence of the tapered jean...I fear it worse than tornadoes and carnies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann- let's resist the tapered pant leg together! I have not given in to gaucho pants either!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ugh. Gaucho pants. Those things are hideous. Jersey knits are unkind to me to begin with, then you make them hit mid-calf and it's just a nightmare. Gaucho pants. People will really wear anything.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home