Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Buncha perverts

You know how part of my job is to scan images for teachers to use in classroom presentations, right? Well, I've been doing a lot of that the last couple weeks for teachers who are putting together new classes for this coming academic year. And I can say with 100% certainty that I am sick and tired of looking at paintings of naked women. For crying out loud! You'd think that over the thousands of years men have been creating art, they'd think of something else to paint besides nude women bent backwards. And, of course, they always try to class it up by naming the painting something like Amor or Melancholy, but I'll tell you right now that when most women are feeling melancholy, the last thing they do is take off all their clothes, put on a sparkly headband and lie in a meadow somewhere. I mean, really.

In an interresting coincidence, my coworker friend and I were just discussing those Girls Gone Wild commercials on tv at night and how disgusting they are. Seriously, who are these girls and why are they letting men record their bare chests? Who does that? Anyway, the more I think about this, maybe Girls Gone Wild is simply an expression of 21st century man's love of the female form...Snoop Dogg as a modern-day Titian...? Yeah, I don't think so either.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an art historian i must say that even to see Snoop Dogg and Titian in the same sentence makes my stomach turn. :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I did? I didn't even see a comment posted on the other one! Gah! I'm sorry!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

The loss to our literary culture is devastating.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was trying to post to the other version and it wouldn't, but I know Alisa would still appreciate this...

ok Voltaire

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home