Tuesday, July 25, 2006

They're very refreshing!

Ooof, you know you have a serious sleeping problem when you have insomnia AFTER you've taken a sleeping pill. It is going to be another long day. I think what killed my chances of a good night's sleep was the fact that I went home yesterday after work and took an hour-long nap. I felt so much better after the nap that it's hard to regret it though. The funny thing was that I woke up at 6:30 thinking J was probably passed out on the floor, twitching because he hadn't had dinner yet, but when I walked downstairs, there he was, sitting on the couch, happily playing with his new Nintendo DS. Men really are fascinating, aren't they? Whereas I turn into a screaming banshee if I haven't eaten in 3 hours or found the right shoes to wear, J can go weeks without food, water and oxygen as long as he's got a video game to play. And he'll be cheerful about it. Sometimes I truly envy his temperament. Even Junior Mints don't provide me with that level of contentment.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once heard that if you drink a cup of coffee really quick and then immediately take a 15 minute nap, it really refreshes you. Sounds strange, I know, but I believe it was scientifically tested and everything.

Here's one article about it:
http://goalsuccess.typepad.com/goaltips/2006/02/how_to_take_a_c.html

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://goalsuccess.typepad.com/goaltips/2006/02/how_to_take_a_c.html

it cut off the path the first time, let's try again...

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, google 'caffiene nap' and you'll find it, ha!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I looked it up on google. That's an interesting idea. I'd have to be pretty tired to be able to nap right after drinking coffee, but I'm going to try that sometime. It's worth a shot...of espresso...get it? I'm hilarious.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

He always offers to hit me in the head when I can't sleep, but I remember hearing one time that every hit to the head that knocks you out causes brain damage, so I'm afraid to take him up on it. The choice: well-rested and stupid or fairly intelligent and exhausted. It's a tough call.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have never heard of a caffeine nap but it is definitely intriguing! however, i am usually the most tired/sleepy at WORK and can not just take a 15 min nap! maybe i should request a chaise for my office under the pretense that it is decoration? hmmm....

11:35 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's a decorative art! Do it! I seriously go lie down behind my desk sometimes when I'm really tired and nobody's around. I think every office employee should have a hammock.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a hammock! fabulous idea!
i will work that into our budget! :)

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home