Sunday, July 23, 2006

Abe Froman

We're going to a Reds game today! Awesome. I haven't been to a Reds game in years. And that's just a damn shame. One of J's friends called yesterday and said he had some tickets, so we're heading down there this afternoon. We used to go to Reds games all the time when I was a kid. Our school district would offer discounted tickets to students who got good grades, so being the geniuses that we were, we'd get to go to lots of Reds games as a family. And I think every penny we saved on tickets we ended up spending on food. Hot dogs, pretzels, peanuts, frosty malts...ahhh, good stuff. I remember very well how one time we were all sitting, watching the game and the Reds weren't doing so well, so this group of men behind us kept yelling "Paul O'Neil, you worthless pud!" So, not knowing what that meant, me and my sisters went around for months calling people "worthless puds" until I finally found out what we were saying. We were pottymouths and we didn't even realize it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Nope, although I was tempted when the Reds relief pitcher got 3 hits off his first 3 pitches. Jerk.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home