Monday, July 24, 2006

Charlie Murphy!

All right, I'm going to try this again. I wrote a post earlier but it wouldn't publish. I'm starting to take it personally when that happens...as if the server somehow knows I'm talking nonsense.

It's about 2 in the afternoon and my insomnia-based fatigue is getting pretty acute. I was up a lot last night from the sunburn I got at the Reds game, the police helicopter that kept buzzing our house and shining its spotlight in our windows, and these weird dreams I was having. In one, Kathy Griffin sacrificed herself to save me from a runaway hotel elevator as I stood by nonchalantly eating jelly beans. But I seriously feel like at any moment my head will just clunk down on my desk in exhaustion. I did have a little fun a couple minutes ago when a beetle-type insect was flying around my office. I waited until it landed on the floor and then dropped a very-thick art history textbook on it three times. And then just to seal the deal, I smushed it with my sandal, too. I figure when it comes to bugs, they can never be too dead.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I like to think I got the job done.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate bugs, too, and i, too, am so tired I could just put my head down on my desk.
with kenny gone during the week, i have to take care of any bugs...sad to say, but that may be one of the top 5 reasons i miss him! :)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heck, one of my favorite things about J is that he carries the heavy bags of groceries.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home