Friday, August 04, 2006

I thought I thaw a puttythat

In case anybody missed me this morning, I was at a library conference all day with the rest of the staff. It was a nice conference. They fed us tons of food, and that alone is enough to keep me happy. We had to drive a couple hours to Bluffton this morning. I saw lots of corn on the way. Driving past those small towns always makes me wonder what it's like to grow up in a place like that. No movie theatres, no bowling alleys, no malls, what is there for a restless pre-teen to do? Especially when I was growing up in the 70's before cable, I think I would have developed quite an interest in bird watching if I'd been a child in Bluffton. And now I'm wondering if in 18 years there will be any bird watchers left...and watching birds on tv doesn't count, kids! It's not the same! Kids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

We saw many cows, I assure you. And sheep and antique shops, too.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home