Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Is there a Klingon word for "douchebag?"

As far as I know, I don't suffer from any seasonal allergies. But for some reason, I woke up this morning feeling like somebody shoved a cork up the right side of my nose. A cork dusted with cayenne pepper, no less, because it's itchy and uncomfortable. I feel like re-enacting that scene from Total Recall where Arnold Schwarzenegger shoves a probe up his nose to remove a tracking device. Which, to be honest, was still not as traumatic as watching that poor guy get a weevil stuck in his ear in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Everybody talks about the scene where Shatner yells "Khaaaaaan!" in that movie, but the brain-eating weevil was what stuck with me. And when Spock died at the end, that was sad. My favorite Star Trek movie was the one with the whales, and Chekov was going around asking about "nuclear wessels." Ahhh, that was good Cold War humor. Wait a second, wow, that was quite a geek tangent! I need to stop myself before I start expounding on the virtues of Farscape. I gotta go find some Sudafed anyway.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tangent is funny! I can't tell the different Star Trek movies apart, I am impressed with your recall!
I went on a tangent this a.m. about kid's DVDs...hating the Wiggles was my main point!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Those Wiggles guys are kind of creepy. They are suspiciously jolly, if you ask me.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree, i can't get past that they are grown men...same problem I have with Blue's Clues, the host freaks me out a bit.
oh well!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I hear you. I'm much more comfortable when kid shows feature cartoons or adults in large, styrofoam costumes where you can't see them inside. Big Bird, for example.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home