Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Is Dwight Schrute speaking today?

I don't have much time to write this morning because I've got to head up to the auditorium in a couple minutes for our semi-annual/semesterly "all faculty and staff meeting." The pros of this meeting are that we get coffee and free lunch and a tour of the new building the college bought. The cons are that we have to sit for two hours listening to speeches and sitting in really hard, uncomfortable chairs. And I'll be the first to admit that I have a really short attention span. I can listen to somebody give a speech for approximately 36 seconds before I start zoning out. But you'd think that since I work at an art school, they'd have tons of visual aides, but nooooooo. They hardly ever even use a colored background if they use power point. For shame, you so called artists, for shame.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee and lunch not worth those conditions, Ann! Speak out, rebel and demand better!

Let us know how that goes.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I did show my displeasure with one speaker by getting up and going to the bathroom while she talked. Does that count?

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job sticking it to the man!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Power to the people!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home