Tuesday, August 22, 2006

From the shores of the Ohio River to the banks of Lake Erie

I'm back! We had such a weekend, let me tell you. We went to the amusement park on Friday and Saturday in Cincinnati. That was a lot of fun. J's family is such a hoot to hang out with. Friday night, in particular, we teamed up with his teenage nephews and niece and his older brother and rode about 8 roller coasters in 40 minutes. It was only my fear of looking like an idiot in front of my in-laws that kept me from puking my guts out in front of everybody.

The sad part of the weekend was that my uncle in Cleveland died on Thursday, so we also drove up to Cleveland on Sunday and came back last night. It was actually really great to see all my relatives up there, and some of them hadn't met J yet, so that part was good, but it was still sad to say goodbye to my uncle. He was my Dad's sister's husband and just about the nicest man ever. I also learned that he had a purple heart from WWII. I never knew that. It's weird to find out that fascists once shot a family member. But he survived. Take that, Mussolini!

Anyway, I slept from about 9 last night until 6 this morning. And that's good because I have a lot of work to do today. Classes start on Monday and that means a) I have to get the images ready for teachers and b) I won't be able to wear jeans to work anymore. That second one may not sound like such a burden, but I seriously have to find some pants to wear to work. All those Pink sweatpants I just ordered ain't going to do me one lick of good. Dang it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks, Katie. He was 86, so he had a good, long life, but it was, of course, still very sad.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I think my driving up to Cleveland and back wasn't such a great idea either. I was almost falling asleep behind the wheel yesterday, but I couldn't ask J to drive because he was sleeping in the passenger seat. I was a road hazard!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you guys made it home safely! Believe me, I know how it is to drive as tired as that! It's no fun!

Your uncle sounds like he did live a long life, and that is what is important!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I was thinking about you yesterday as I was driving, Ashley. How you can make an 8-hour trip by yourself. It inspired me to keep going!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, just want to add my condolesences about your uncle! I did worry yesterday when there was no blog from you! :) I look forward to reading it every morning!
I, too, need new work pants and just b/c I am really sick of what i have and starting a new job is a great reason to do that! Marshalls, here I come! :)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ahh, Marshall's. I love that place. We also have a TJ Maxx nearby that has a lot of American Eagle stuff for about half off. Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do if I had to start paying retail. I have no concept of it.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home