Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I hate it when guys sing like wussies

I finished reading a mystery last night and realized that in the past couple books I've read (by different authors, mind you), there's been a male character who was prissy, well-dressed and manicured who wound up butchered by a psycho. I think there's a connection here. I gotta tell you, I have trouble relating to men who get pedicures and are better accessorized than I am. I can completely understand some strategic eyebrow plucking in a man, gel in the hair, basic sort of stuff like that. But I don't think I could ever seriously date a man who got facials on a regular basis and not laugh at him. This is either my old-fashioned, Midwestern upbringing coming out, or it's just that I'm pretty low-maintenance myself. But if J ever starts going to the spa on his own and coming home expounding the virtues of algae rubs and cashmere socks, we're going to have a talk.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! it is just strange when a man takes longer to get ready than I do! I would not say I am low maintenance b/c I do have to blow dry and flat iron my hair, but I can do everything in less than an hour! :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's pretty good. I've heard stories about women taking 2 or 3 hours to get ready, and, really, that's just excessive. I would probably take longer getting ready if my hair would actually do something, too. I've just given up on it. I brush it, slap a barette in the front, give it the finger, and go.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is some charm in a guy who doesn't care so much about his appearance. I think that is what makes him a 'guy'. I wouldn't want a prissy guy either. Especially since they all get killed according to Ann's choice of novels.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm telling you, my books lead me to believe that sociopathic knife-wielders really enjoy going after metrosexuals and blonde women. It's pretty weird. Makes me want to darken my hair and grease up J's fingernails.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ann, are you reading Patricia Cornwell? that sounds vaguely familiar!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

One of the books was by Deborah Crombie. I can't remember the other one...?

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home