Monday, August 14, 2006

Hey, chicken!

We went to Dayton yesterday because my uncle was in town, so we headed over in the morning and spent the afternoon and evening at my sister's. It was a purely delightful time seeing everybody and playing with nephew #2, but the consequence of all that running around and hiding from him is that I am totally exhausted. Seriously, how do people keep up with their kids? I'm sure it hits me harder because I'm not used to it and I'm so aged, but even when I was 22, I don't think I could have run around in circles in my sister's basement for 20 minutes straight, waving my arms and screaming. The good thing is that I don't feel bad for skipping my workout yesterday. Lifting a 2-and-a-half-year-old has got to be equal to doing a rep of seated bench presses. Feel the burn!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, you are such a good aunt!! I wish I could say I was in good shape because I was a parent! :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I consider it my auntly duty to try to wear out my nephews so my sisters can get some rest. I have no idea how I'll be with my own kids one day though. Heh.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home