Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New! Diet Coke with Vanilla Sudafed!

Apparently I've developed something against ragweed in the past year. I was up from about 2:30 to 5 last night with a sore throat and headache. It's possible I've caught a cold, but nobody I know is sick, so I'm thinking it's more of an allergy thing. This has got to be karma getting back at me, because I make fun of people with allergies all the time. It's true. I get very annoyed with people who can't adapt to their surroundings. It violates all human biological and evolutionary principles! But because I've been such a jerk, now I'm saddled with the sore throat. Fine. But I'm still going to make fun of people with allergies and call them poindexters. Take that, mother nature!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was telling Alisa yesterday that after about 6 sinus infections in a year, my doctor sent me to an allergist and voila! I have allergies...the medicine I take every day works like a charm and no more sinus infections! It might be worth it to get your dr. to refer you to an allergist!
I hope your sore throat feels better!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

No way! I'm not giving in to the allergies! :) No, I'm really glad you got some medicine that's helping you. I generally don't have sinus problems, so I'm trying to tough this out. Unfortunately, I'm a wuss, so this may not be a great plan. Do your medications have any bad side effects?

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope, no side effects...I take nasonex and allegra-d. Dr. told me not to take the allegra right before bed b/c it might keep me up, so I only take it in the a.m.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, that's nice that it doesn't make you drowsy. Has Columbia gotten the yellow carpet of pollen yet this year? I can't remember if that was in spring or fall, but I always remember seeing a half-inch of yellow stuff on my car that first year I was there and getting totally freaked out.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...the pollen! That comes in the spring and my white car turns yellow for a few weeks! :)
Wait, so do you call ME a poindexter?

10:45 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

OF COURSE NOT. I don't make fun of everybody with allergies. Just the ones who walk around with kleenex pieces stuffed up their noses.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Beth- Nasonex is wonderful! And I too have more problems with my sinuses rather than the normal sneezy itchy symptoms.

About 2 weeks ago I had cold like symptoms with a sore throat and everything... so either there is something going around or we both have allergies.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home