Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Huggy Bear, I don't think we're in the west side anymore

Classes started here yesterday, and from what I've been able to gather by seeing these college girls walking around campus, the trend this year is to dress like an appendix, ie.) wear superfluous clothing that serves no real purpose. The mini-skirt-over-capri-jeans look is risky. You have to have guts to pull off a look like that, people. But this is an art school, so you tend to see some pretty wacky ensembles. Last year, there was a guy on campus who wore platform boots and a top hat every day. He looked like Abe Lincoln through the eyes of LSD.

Speaking of weirdness, we were under a tornado warning last night. The sirens were going off and everything. The news made it sound like our neighborhood wasn't really threatened, so it didn't worry me too much, but apparently further south, tornadoes flattened corn fields and killed a dog. I honestly can't imagine that if a tornado went through some of the neighborhoods around us that anybody would notice a difference though. Best case scenario: it would whip up the hookers and deposit them out of town.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

It's true. I would be sad if I didn't have hookers to watch every morning on my way to work. I'm surprised because there have been fewer out this summer than were in the winter. But perhaps crack is easier to come by in the warmer months? I don't know. Some sociologist should look into that.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, it has been an extremely hot summer. But they must be pretty tough hookers to brave the Ohio winters.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know. And in those skimpy clothes, too. It's a wonder they don't get frostbite.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home