Sunday, August 27, 2006

I dunn fell on my face

I unexpectedly got invited to a bachelorette party last night. J's friends are getting married next week, so when they got into town yesterday, they filled us in on all the events going on the next few days. Hence, I found myself at the Arena district last night, dancing to Def Leppard songs until almost 1 a.m. I haven't stayed up dancing that late in YEARS. It was a lot of fun, and, frankly, I'm just surprised I could drink some vodka and not hurl. But, of course, I still woke up at 7 a.m. after getting just 4 and a half hours of sleep. Freakin' internal clock. I hate you!

Funniest story from last night: at one point, the DJ decided to play country music (why would he do that? Totally harshed my mellow) so I scurried off the floor before I got knocked down by people doing some sort of boot-scooting boogie. Unfortunately, one of the girls in our party stayed out there, slid on some spilled beer and actually landed on her face and may have broken a finger. Another perfectly good night ruined by country music...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

It was a lot of fun. That poor girl who fell had such a rough time. But I was impressed by how she just waited for everybody to be done dancing and having fun. She didn't demand to go home. And that is the difference between going out when you're 30 versus 21. A college girl would have milked that for all it was worth.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home