Friday, September 01, 2006

It was my peanut butter sandwich

The wedding last night was beautiful. And I'm not just saying that because I'm sleep deprived and I indulged in a number of cocktails. The food was excellent, the music was hopping, and somebody even broke a glass hurricane lantern (and, if I remember my St. Elmo's Fire correctly, "It's not a party until something gets broken"). The bride chose roses and bridesmaid dresses that were this deep red, so it was quite gorgeous considering the ballroom was done up in white and gold. I also met a lot of nice people. One girl from Texas told me that I was lucky to have hips and stringy blonde hair. She was awesome!

Right now I'm just hoping I get through the day without a) falling asleep at my desk and b) getting drenched when we go out for lunch. To all of you in the path of Ernesto, make sure you wear a slicker today. Hee, that reminds me of how my Dad used to call galoshes "rubbers." That always made me giggle as a kid...and, really, it still does...I'm so immature.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could borrow Emma Helen's pink kitty cat umbrella! It even has ears! :) I had to use it yesterday b/c of all the Ernesto rain we got...felt silly but hey, it works!
Glad the wedding was fun!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I LOVE cool umbrellas like that! I often wish I still had one of those clear plastic umbrellas like I had when I was 5. I think mine was actually kind of yellow, but I just loved that thing.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had one of those, too! Mine was so strange b/c it was shaped like a bell, only 1 person could be under it. Does that make sense?

10:19 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

The umbrella I use now is a boring, blue one I got from that conference in March. The one thing it's got going for it is that it's small. Other than that, it has nothing to recommend it. I'd much rather have something cool and hep.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find fun umbrellas at marshall's or tj maxx OR in the lost and found here at the museum! you would be surprised at what people leave here!
Emma Helen wants a Hello Kitty birthday! :)
Random...Ann, just went to the Go Fug Yourself website for the 1st time...I officially need to buy Depends! :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Isn't that a hilarious website? Those chicks crack me up. I especially love it when they make fun of Fergie and Britney Spears. In fact, Beth, if you have time, go back in the Britney Spears archive and read those. So funny!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home