Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Flea, you're no Slider, so put it away

I wish there were words adequate enough to express my dislike of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I know they're all "cool" and stuff, but I really quite hate them. I saw the video for Californication at the gym yesterday, and I wanted to hurl. All those guys in the band look like morons and if we can somehow force them to put their shirts back on, I would be ever so grateful. Anthony Kiedis or whatever his name is cannot even sing. They just bug me those guys. Ugh.

And, you know what, while I'm thinking about it, if we can just put an embargo on men walking around topless, I'd be all for that. Now, if he's at the beach or playing a sport where he's on the "skin" team, more power to him. But just walking down a street without a shirt should be outlawed. Dudes in the ghetto do this all the time, and, really, I'm not impressed by your hairless bird chest, gold chain and Superman logo tattoo, tough guy. I'd be much more inclined to take you seriously if you were wearing a polo shirt. So there.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am starting to see the RHCP in the same light as the Rolling Stones (don't hate me)...some musicians just don't know when to stop. I used to be a big fan of RHCP and even saw them at Lollapalooza but enough is enough and yes, they do need to put their clothes on.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Beth on this one. I liked RHCP way back in the day. They just annoy me now. They are an entirely different band now, just let it go!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I don't get that at all--why the radio plays them so much. They suck. I'd rather listen to Barry Manilow than freakin' Anthony Kiedis. And I'm no Fanilow.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Just looking at Barry makes me feel weird, I mean, what is wrong with his face? He should sue whoever did those surgeries! On the Emmy's on Sunday, it looked like he laughed really hard, his face would split right open!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home