Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rest in pieces

Wow, am I feeling tired today. We went to the wedding rehearsal and dinner for our friends who are getting married tonight and you'd think that wouldn't have worn me out so much, but apparently doing any activity outside the home is enough to send me into a coma at this point. I really need to get my body used to doing something besides flipping channels or I'm never going to make it as a go-go dancer in Atlantic City. The thing is that tonight is the wedding. It starts at 6:30 and I fully expect it to go pretty late because, hello, there's going to be an open bar and a room full of aging partiers. I'm really excited though. J's in the wedding party, so I'm taking the camera to get pictures of him in his penguin suit. I've seen him in a tux before, and I must say he looks quite dashing. He always reminds me of James Bond: the Pierce Brosnan years.

I just wish I could figure out what I'm going to do with my hair tonight. My bangs are growing out, so that wipes out any shot I have of looking normal. Hmmm. Suggestions?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

use a cute sparkly barrette/pin to pin the bangs back/to the side.

Thursday wedding, huh? That is going to be a rough one!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say what Katie said, good suggestion!
Just curious, why the Thursday evening wedding?

10:40 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

They live in Florida and came up last Saturday to squeeze all the wedding stuff into this week. But the wedding's on Thursday because to get this particular ballroom in this nice hotel, a Saturday wedding would have cost $15,000 minimum. So doing it on Thursday is cheaper by alot, I suppose. It's just hard because a lot of other people took vacation days, and we can't do that since it's the first week of school. Waaah!

And I'll do that with the barette! I have one just like that at home. Thank you!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes sense! $15,000 to rent the hotel for a reception?? Wow.
I am still glad we eloped! :)

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that is getting to be the trend (having the wedding thurs/fri/sun to avoid costs), but it then is awfully hard on the guests... but I guess the bride and groom are off on their honeymoon the next day, so no worries for them!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home