Monday, September 04, 2006

Git back, Karen! Git back!

We went and saw Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby yesterday. Funny movie. Any of the scenes with the cougar just cracked me up. But the most interesting thing at the theatre was actually the wacky woman sitting behind us. At one point, I threw one leg up on the seat in front of me to stretch it out (nobody was sitting in that row, so it didn't bother anybody), and this woman walked over and told me to put my feet down and "be an adult." My reaction: "Whuh?" J's reaction: "Why don't you shut the @$#% up and go sit back down!!" Priceless. And then for the next hour, this woman kicked the seats in our row, talked to herself and laughed at inappropriate places. I hate to sound dismissive of those with mental problems, but what a kook. She was a middle-aged woman and we should have known something was up when we walked in the theatre and saw her sitting there by herself with a scarf wrapped almost completely around her face. Lesson learned. "Chip, I will come at you like a spider monkey!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

We actually told the theatre manager about her, because she didn't leave after the movie ended and we thought she might be hanging around there all day. Which is fine if you're 15 and having fun, but not if you're a crazed adult.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We were afraid she'd hang out in theatres all day and eventually knife somebody. She was so odd!`

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home