Thursday, September 07, 2006

I categorically deny all the charges

I am not at all sad that Vincent got kicked off Project Runway last night. That dude creeped me out with how he kept saying "it gets me off." Gah. That is something I do not ever want to see, Vincent. And it bothered me how he kept avoiding people's direct questions about his dress. Like when Heidi asked "How much hand sewing did you do?" and he starts talking about his fabric choice. Perhaps that was editing, but he seemed to do that to the French designer, too. You know, I just realized that's yet another pet peeve of mine (when people don't answer direct questions). Happens all the time on news shows where a reporter asks a straightforward question like "Will you vote for tax cuts for the wealthy?" and some bozo politician is like "Bill, what's important to me is family. I'm about family. I'm about America and protecting Americans. We need to strengthen America and protect our freedoms." Whuh? How do these people get elected when they're obviously functionally retarded? Football players tend to do that in interviews, too, but I'm more willing to cut them some slack since they're not pretending to be Rhodes Scholars. The standard athlete response to any question is usually "I just wanted to come out here and play, and that's what we did. I'm happy I could help my team, and right now we're just focusing on our next opponent." Watch for it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a football fan myself, but last year there was all the hubbub with T.O. and the Philadelphia Eagles... he is pretty damn comical in an interview!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

The athletes with real personality are rare, so it is fun to see one who really enjoys interviews. But that's why I don't understand politicians just reading the party line. They're supposed to be good speakers and have charisma, but most of the time they just sit there and spout nonsense. I am not impressed.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ann, i agree..i am just generally unimpressed with politicians and dread election years because of the onslaught of horrible campaign commercials!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Those commercials are way too nasty. I don't respond to the negative ones at all. In fact, I usually stop listening completely if it gets mean. I can understand why people feel so alienated from the election process and politics.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been interesting living in DC with polotics- especially in elections years. It get old real quick!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ann this is MissV from the fam just wanted to say hey and nice site tooo so, she you at the party for little shawn......if you want to see my site it is www.vnv.zoomshare.com and my e-mail
is vnv@zoomshare.com bye

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home