Monday, September 11, 2006

I missed the bus, they missed the bus, when's the next bus?

Ahh, that was a satisfying win the Buckeyes had over Texas on Saturday. We ended up going to the house of a couple J knows, so I didn't get to camp out on the couch, but it was probably more fun this way. The man had set up a projector in his backyard, so we were out there with a bunch of drunk, rabid Ohio State fans. They were even pretty pleasant until a guy showed up wearing a Michigan tshirt. Why, dude, why? He would randomly yell "I hate Ohio State!" so the other guys started taunting him and eventually banished him to sitting on the wall near the back of the yard. That's what you get, dude. I get the feeling he's the kind of guy who would wear a Confederate flag tshirt and walk through Harlem. Not a good idea.

And I think I'm going to try to avoid as much of the 9/11 coverage today as I can. It's still too sad. Back when it happened, I remember turning on the tv and seeing a father wandering around the streets of New York with a poster of his daughter, tearfully asking everyone he saw if they had seen her. Heartbreaking.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually cried on the way in to work today b/c of all the stories people were telling. It was almost like it just happened all over again.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It is really hard to listen to. They just mention United Flight 93 and I get all teary.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I wonder if it'll be easier in another 5 years?

Yeah, the game on Saturday was loads of fun. These people have a big backyard, so there was a fire, corn hole being played and tables with food set up. The only bad part was the skeeters.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I didn't even know what corn hole was until a few weeks ago. I played it a little and was not very good. I think I got like 2 of 8 sandbags in. Pitiful.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home