Friday, September 08, 2006

1.21 jigowatts!

J told me last night that he's working on getting us (but really me) a digital video recorder for the tv! Whoo! Of course, he won't just go out and buy a Tivo or a system that you buy out of a box. He's been doing research online and has found these systems where you buy all the computer parts, set up Linux programs and somehow all that will allow us to record tv shows on the computer. I have no idea how that works, but I'm hoping I can just put a penny in a lemon, flip a switch and be able to watch Browns games whenever I want and skip through the commercials. It's so funny watching him work on this though...he reminds me of a crazed scientist, bent over a table full of petri dishes and test tubes, cackling wildly and shooting sparks out of his fingers.

Tomorrow night is the OSU vs. Texas game on tv. I'm on that like white on rice. I've even already got a snack menu and position on the couch planned out. Go Buckeyes!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I sure hope so! I hope it all works out, too. I NEED digital tv! :)

Snacks: Fritos with cream cheese and chili dip, homemade chocolate chip cookies, popsicles and mixed nuts. A kaleidoscope of cholesterol!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do it ANN! Resist the temptation! The TV will now control your life!

Seriously, I can't live without my TIVO now. I go through withdrawals when I can't fastforward through commercials.

sigh.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That sounds like a good change though. We will no longer be slaves to advertisers! We won't feel empty inside if we haven't bought the latest, most-innovative toilet paper! We will be like the Swiss!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Absolutely. I can eat cookies and cashews whilst horizontal, but I'm not going to try that with the Fritos and popsicles. That will ruin my watching enjoyment.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home