Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Did anybody ever tell you your last name is an adverb?

J and I were discussing yesterday how he's come down with a rare, unique affliction: road-related Tourette's syndrome. I swear, most of the time J is a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of guy who can find humor in almost all situations. But you put him behind the wheel of a car, send him off into rush hour traffic, and a string of profanities will spew forth from him like nothing I've ever heard. We'll be driving into work in the morning, I'm still half-asleep, and he's sitting beside me saying things like "I have to reboot all the printers @#%* sucker mother %#@)* son of a @#%^*( monkey @#%!'s ^$@#*" And I just stare at him, stunned. You know, the quicker scientists can come up with a way to beam us all where we want to go instead of having to travel, I think the better off and less cursing we will be as a society. Get to work on that, you MIT kids! I have faith in you!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Perv :) But, yes, I think teleportation would be awesome. Aside from the dangers of molecular disintegration, it sounds fantastic!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Traffic definitely brings out the worst in me! I have to be very careful now, though, because Emma Helen repeats everything I say! :)

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all the non-mergers of the world and those who cut people off for no apparent reason and the rest of you shady drivers- know this:
Your car is nicer than my car, so if getting ahead of me or keeping me on the shoulder is worth the dents and scratches in your car-bring it on!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Tell 'em, Katie! J tends to get the most angry at people who are distracted while driving (because of cell phones and such) and people who change lanes without signaling. People you're talking about bother me, too--the ones who are just plain mean. Freakin' type A personalities.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the lane change without a signal too. I also hate the signal in the middle of the turn. Well, duh, I know you're turning NOW.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not using a signal when you change lanes or turn is my pet peeve! I was behind someone the other day and realized that NONE of their brake lights work!! Hello?? Are you asking to get hit?

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home