Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Grinch Who Stole Labor Day

I'm back to wearing contacts today and so far, my eyes don't feel like they're being rubbed with sandpaper. Nice.

Woke up this morning and saw that the temperature was 49 degrees outside, but it didn't really sink in until I went into the kitchen (where we'd left the windows open overnight) and I couldn't feel my fingers. It's becoming fall, people. I'm sure I've mentioned this numerous times, but I just love fall. Football, apple cider, corduroy, leaves turning orange...it's splendiferous. I will say, however, that I still think it's a tad too early to be putting up Christmas displays in stores. The Walmart by us had Christmas yard decorations up on Labor Day. LABOR DAY. I love Christmastime, too, but, for me, it takes a little of the anticipatory fun out of it when you start celebrating in September. But maybe that's just me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pumpkin, don't forget pumpkin in the fall! As soon as it starts getting cooler, I suddenly have cravings for pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, you name it!
I agree with you, Ann...it is getting really ridiculous how early the CHristmas stuff starts, it is depressing. That may be one of the reasons I avoid walmart at all costs! :)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Mmm...I do love me some pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. Man, I am starving now!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home