Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Rock on with your bad self.

I had to get up at 5:50 this morning so we could take the Wubby J. to the vet to get his canine pulled. He's going to be there all day, so I imagine that when we go pick him up after work, he's going to be quite pissed off at us. Quite. We also couldn't give him any food after 7 last night, so this morning when I went down into the kitchen, he walked over to where his food bowl usually is, looked at the empty space and looked up directly into my eyes as if to say "Woman, you had better stop playing." But then when we put him in his cat carrier and drove to the vet's, he just seemed so scared. I hope he's able to forget about this day when it's over. I mean, sure, he'll be missing one of his fangs, but he may not even notice. I think it'll actually give him some street cred because he can tell the other cats in the neighborhood that he lost his tooth in a rumble.

And now I am off to get to work on cup of coffee number two. I think I might break my personal record of three cups of coffee in one day today. I'm number one!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Wooby J!! he will forget all about it! Jake was a new kitty after we had to have his tail amputated...yes, you read that right. We don't know how it happened but blunt force trauma basically flattened his tail last fall. We thought about changing his name to Stumpy but thought that was too mean. :)
Hope your 2nd cup of coffee was good! I am sipping on an "Eye Opener" which is coffee with a shot of espresso! Wheeeeee!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Mmmm...an eye opener sounds good! I didn't know that Jake was tail-less! But he's gotten used to it ok? Do you think a car got him? I wonder what happened...? It's amazing how well cats adapt to stuff like that. Hopefully Wubby won't miss his fang too much. At least we won't have so many scratches on our arms now :)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, one fang is nothing! He will come thru just fine. They give them plenty of good drugs, so he will probably be begging you to take out more of his teeth so he can get more drugs!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's like those dogs you see on tv that are missing hind legs and they scoot around in doggie wheelchairs. I wish humans were that adaptable. I need to stop worrying about Wubby so much. I don't want to make him a mama's boy.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake is FINE! I am assuming he was in a lot of pain the day we found him with his tail...well, I will skip the gory details! But, he adapted fine, I can't see where it has affected anything. He is not the brightest cat, so goodness knows what happened!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home