Tuesday, October 03, 2006

San Diegoans

I just realized I forgot to watch Heroes on tv last night because I was upstairs reading and I lost track of time. And by "lost track of time," I mean I "fell asleep with a book on my nose at 9:15." I am such a loser!

I have an eye doctor's appointment this afternoon that I am NOT looking forward to. Not only are my contacts very uncomfortable right now, but I'm going to the doctor who likes to keep me in the office for two hours lecturing me about conservative politics. Fantastic. He's a really nice man and he's obviously very well-versed in a lot of issues, but (as I've said before) sitting in a dark room with your corneas undergoing a chemical fire is not the best time to get into a debate about economics. I've actually found myself saying things to him like "Oh yeah, those Japanese in Nagasaki deserved it" just to get out of the room. Call me a sellout, but you don't know the pain of multiple ocular burns. You don't!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, I am so sorry you have to undergo corneal fire today! Hang in there!

OK, I started watching Heroes last night but was so grossed out I turned it..and, I am not easily grossed out, I have a 3 year old who likes to talk about poop and boogars. There was a man who was frozen and had 1/2 his skull sawed off and then a woman who was hanging from a stair rail with knives? Ewww.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yikes! Now I'm glad I didn't see it. That's pretty bad if it's grossing out the mother of a 3-year-old. I think I'll just read the recap on twop. Thanks for the warning!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a little known fact that san diago is actually german for a whale's...

I couldn't resist :)

I watched Heroes last night, but was kinda drifting... good thing Mike taped it!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Katie, that's so awesome you got that reference! I thought it was pretty obscure, but I should have known better than to underestimate you :)

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that movie :)

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home