Tuesday, October 10, 2006

That show is like a twig in MY brain stem

Well, thank you very much, Heroes, for grossing me out right before I went to bed last night. That last scene with the cheerleader ain't leaving my brain anytime soon. Gah. That scene where the football player attacked her was awful, too. I kept yelling "Tear his head off! Tear his head off!" but finally I realized she's not super strong, she just heals quickly. And that is why, at some point, someone will give her an adamantium skeleton so she can start kicking some serious tail. Wow, I am such a geek.

They had a report on the Today show this morning about a survey USA Today did where they asked CEOs of major corporations if they were spanked. I think that's a generational issue, mostly. I wasn't spanked regularly when I was a kid. My Mom never once laid a hand on me. But one time my Dad got mad at me, my older sister and brother and gave us all spankings when I was probably about 6. I was mad at him for that until I was about 16. They could have made that movie The Grudge about me, I swear.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

A teacher spanked you with a brush?!? I would think it's hard to learn when you're worried about getting hit. The threat of spitballs was enough to distract me.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heroes got me last night too... I thought "why doesn't she beat him up?" but alas, that is not her super power...

I never got spanked, but my brother and sister did. I think I turned out way better than they did- ha!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I bet you did turn out better! Hee!

12:29 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

I didn't watch Heroes, i think i was still scarred from the grossness of the week before! I watched "The Class" and the end was a big surprise...did anyone watch?

My parents spanked us but my sister got in a lot more trouble than I did!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Beth, be glad you didn't see that last scene of Heroes because it was nas-tay. Autopsy room...that's all I'm saying.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched The Class and yes, it was a surprise!

3:34 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Did you recognize his wife as Darlene from "Roseanne?" Crazy!!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home