Monday, October 16, 2006

Sleep?! That's where I'm a viking!

I've already seen a couple pictures from Rebecca's wedding on Arisa's blog, and it looks like everybody had a good time this weekend! I love looking at pictures from weddings. It's always interesting to see how everyone cleans up so nice, and then there's always those couple people who are completely wasted and incredibly entertaining. I've never had to endure this myself, but I hear there are actually people out there who throw weddings without alcohol. Gasp! Why would you do that? Are you trying to get people to leave early?

I actually wasn't feeling too great this weekend (just a minor cold, I think), but I still managed to find a nice jacket at a thrift store for 99 cents. The tag said it was $9.99, but the cashier rung up $.99. Because I try to be a good person to get into heaven, I pointed out to her that she left out a 9, and she conspiratorially leaned over to me and said "I already rang it up. If you don't tell, I won't." So I was like "Ok!" St. Peter can't say I didn't try.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I love a good bargain.

I cannot wait to see Katie's pictures! How much do you think Mr. Garter had to drink?

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

He sounds like fun. heh heh.

The jacket is hip-length, brick red and the material is like microfiber. It's like a trench coat without a belt, basically.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I've already gotten a couple compliments on the jacket at work today. I feel so stylish! In my 99 cent coat. Mwa ha ha!

12:39 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

we have been to receptions with no alcohol and yes, they are a downer...it seems those tend to be punch and peanuts receptions and it just isn't fun. well, that is more fun than standing up during the entire ceremony b/c the bride invited over 200 people to a church that holds maybe 50.

ann, your jacket sounds fabulous, you rock.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Whuh? How do you manage to invite 4 times the guests that the church can hold? I can understand a few extra people, but, dang, that's a lot!

2:25 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

AND, it was approximately 110 degrees that beautiful August day here in South Carolina...very glad I wasn't a bridesmaid in that one! :)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home