Thursday, October 19, 2006

We be big pimpin'

We think there was another shooting on our street last night a few blocks up. We heard this loud "Pop! Pop!" after 11 and J heard people talking on the street about a gun going off. But there was nothing about it on the news this morning, which means either a) some yahoo was just shooting his gun into the air for fun, cowboy style, b) the neighbors got into a fight over NASCAR and didn't want to talk about it once the cops got there, or c) somebody shot a drug dealer and covered the whole thing up. I'm leaning towards a or b.

Lost was good last night! I'm intrigued by this thing with Desmond knowing what John was going to say. And it was nice to see Boone again. I thought it was funny that his "spirit" there was still annoyed with John for getting him into the plane. Heh. And I stayed up to watch the finale of Project Runway, too. Ugh. Why did Jeffrey have to win? I understand their choice (although I personally liked Uli's style better), but what the heck happened to Michael?? His clothes in the challenges were all so pretty and classy, and then his runway collection went totally skankified on us. What the?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffery won? Boo hiss.

Lost was really strange last night... very dark. Although I loved the scene in the airport.

Ann, if I can find South Carolina games in sports bars near me, you should be able to find your game :)

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO MOVE.
Please? :-)

I'm proud of myself for still holding out on Lost! ha! Not getting roped into it- still haven't watched a full episode yet!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ok, so I'm just going to have to suck it up and go watch the game in a bar. Maybe since it's on at noon, the people won't be totally wasted that early in the day? Maybe? We went and watched an NFL playoff game in a bar last year and people were like throwing up behind us. Charming. But I'll hold out hope that it will only be the smell of victory in the air this time!

9:39 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

If it is an early game, it shouldn't be as rowdy as a night game, but then again, I don't know how Ohio State fans are! :)

Lost was strange, I managed to stay awake this week, yeah! It WAS nice to see Boone again and so strange to see that "Others" guy working in the airport! Sometimes I don't feel like I am smart enough to watch Lost!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I feel the same way, believe me. I miss a ton of things during Lost and half the time I don't even realize it. Same thing happened to me when I watched The English Patient. I remember thinking "I get that there's a theme and symbolism in this, but I have no idea what they're supposed to mean."

10:11 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Anyone seen the Seinfeld where Elaine's story was about how much she hated The English Patient? It was on recently and made me laugh so hard.
I was trying to analyze the airport scene,too, but it went so quickly, I could not figure much out.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Man, did I not like the English Patient. I still have something against Ralph Fiennes because of it, too. I hope Harry Potter gets him.

Yes, we're still planning on moving, probably in about a year. We keep moving it back, but we're trying to pay off a credit card first, and it's taking quite some time.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, the idea of a torrid love affair between Ralph Fiennes and Kristin Scott Thomas is about as interesting as watching snails mate. Who thought that was a good idea?

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This all supports my decision never to see that movie!

3:25 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

It has been so long since I have seen it I can't remember enough to discuss it but do remember it was very long and quiet.

This is very random, but can I just tell you all how uncomfortable my new underwear is?? It is TERRIBLE which has made for a long day. :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Beth, I'm tempted to ask what kind of underwear this is that's so uncomfortable, but I think maybe I don't really want to know :)

4:30 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

I am going to tell you! It is a pair of the seamless "body by victoria"...i got a pair to try after getting some of the cotton ones I love...they are really awful, they don't stay put if you know what I mean! Ugh. Oh well, now I know!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home