Monday, November 06, 2006

Choking hazard

We saw The Prestige yesterday afternoon and really liked it. I'm a sucker for period pieces like that, but there was enough maiming in it that J was happy. Now I need to go see Borat, because everybody's saying it's hilarious. Good enough for me!

J and I were discussing our Christmas list today. Times like this are when it really hits me how big both our families are. I'm one of four kids, and so is he. And every single brother and sister of ours is married with at least two kids. Isn't that something? I sort of feel like the sister of the old woman who lived in a shoe.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps it's time to think of the "grab-bag" idea for siblings and in-law siblings...We always pulled names at Thanksgiving dinner. But there are 7 sibs on one side and 10 on the other, plus spouses!!! Then when there got to be 23 grandkids (one side) we did a kids grab-bag!
'Tis the Season

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we used to the secret santa thing with mike's extended family, but now that they are scattered all over the place, we don't do it anymore. But your situation is different b/c you have to buy for all the nieces and nephews...

Maybe you could find a gift for each family instead of spending a ton on individual gifts for each child...?

But then again, maybe its not too early to teach the kids how to do a 'Yankee Swap' hahaha

12:22 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm really tempted to get all the little kids a bag of Christmas-themed M&M's and be done with it. The parents would hate it, but, man, would those kids be happy.

12:56 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

I like Katie's idea! Maybe a family friendly movie with a popcorn themed basket? I wish you the best...the holidays truly stress me out and I don't look forward to them like I used to.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Beth, b/c I couldn't think of a good example- haha!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home