Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Get those ridiculous things off your head!

I was home sick AGAIN yesterday because I was having sharp pains in my back and side. I went to the doctor, and he didn't seem to know what was going on, but he prescribed me some anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers, so I feel much better now. But, man, those muscle relaxers are insane! I only took one when I got home and felt like the sister getting married in Sixteen Candles.

We had a great time giving out candy last night. We had hundreds of kids come by the house, and there were lots of ninjas, vampires, fairies and (quite surprisingly) cross-dressing boys. Interesting. But we were happy because our candy lasted until 7:45 this year instead of 7 like last year. Less chance of an egging that way, so kudos to us.

Also, did anybody else see this statistic on the Today show this morning that out of the 1.5 million births to 20-29 year old women last year, 1 million of them were to unwed mothers? That really surprised me. Most of the people I know having babies are married, and I thought teenagers were the most likely unwed mothers. Huh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we had a little rapper, very beastie boys like, that actually rapped for me. and we had the cutest little batman!

8:40 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

You had hundreds of trick or treaters?? Wow! How fun!

I hope you are feeling better today! A muscle relaxer every now and then is probably a good thing! :)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's weird when you think that only half a million of the women in their 20's who had babies last year were married. Because I'm guessing over 2 million babies were born...at least.

We also had a kid last night who came onto our porch, peered into our candy basket and declared "I want bubble gum!" I'm glad we had some.

9:52 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

That IS a shocking statistic. Wow.

Last night, between houses, Emma Helen said "maybe the next house will have candy bars!"

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home