Monday, November 13, 2006

Front line infantry...front line infantry...Lord

I am feeling a kinship with Kiefer Sutherland this morning. Not only was he hilarious on The Simpsons last night, but I saw part of a show this weekend where he was in Norway getting grossed out eating their local delicacy, boiled goose. And he says at one point "I'm not a food guy. Cheeseburgers and pizza are about it for me." Right on, Kiefer. Right on.

Only a week and a half until Thanksgiving! Whee! We've already started buying food, so there's a turkey in the freezer and a bag of mini-marshmallows in the pantry. Nice. Really, as much as I love all the Thanksgiving foods, if I just had sweet potato casserole and turkey, I'd be all right. And some pie. I'd need some pie, too.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got back from Chicago, and this has nothing to do w/ Thanksgiving, but my friend I went to see is dating a guy who wrote a book called "Nothing to Wear?" I thought of your quote, and had to pass it on. Looks pretty good...he's sending me a copy, I'll let you know!!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We're absolutely making the turkey ourselves so we can have leftovers. I'm planning on making enough food for 6 people so we can still be eating yams a week later.

And those pies sound great!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm... pie!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm... pie!

11:30 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I could just eat turkey, sweet potato casserole and pie! The sad thing is is that i am not really looking forward to T'giving this year and i am not really sure why...maybe it is the 4 hour drive to see my family? Or maybe that i am already barely fitting into my clothes? Hmmm....

2:20 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh, Beth, I hope you get excited for Thanksgiving! The 4-hour drive doesn't sound like fun, but maybe you can ride shotgun and get a good nap? And I just wear the baggiest pants I have every Thanksgiving. We should all wear maternity pants at Thanksgiving this year like Joey did in that one Friends episode!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha- I was just talking about that episode with someone!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home