Friday, November 10, 2006

Job dissatisfaction

I am quite proud to report that I stayed up and saw all of The Office last night! Don't ask how well I did during CSI though. The thing that made me laugh the hardest was actually during the preview for the next Office when Michael sees Jim's Stamford coworker (what's her name?) and asks if her dad was a G.I.. Heh. What a doofus.

We were driving into work just now, and it seemed eerily quiet on the streets of Columbus, and then I realized that it's Veteran's Day and that's why nobody was around (except for us private school workers and the various donut vendors around town). It's times like this that make me wish I had a federal job. My Dad used to work for the government, and I can remember thinking when I was a teenager "Dad is home more than he's at work." And he wasn't a slacker--he actually had all these holidays off and he'd been working there for 15 years so he had like 4 weeks of vacation. You know what you get around here once you've worked 15 years? Half a muffin out of a trashcan. It's true!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too laughed at Michael's comment to the 'new' girl. Although I can't believe they are bringing her into the regular office. Aside from the Pam/Jim thing, I have an inkling that Angela really isn't going to like her. ha!

Ah Veterans Day... so the FDA is closed today so most of our clients decided to be closed today as well, which makes for a quiet day at my office and a great commute!

9:45 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I wish we got a holiday for Veteran's Day! The only time I can tell a difference in traffic is when there is no school...I drive by 2 elementary and one middle school on my way to work. It is a blast, let me tell you. I feel like I should give all the crossing guards a fruitcake this Christmas.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm curious to see if Michael's running the northeast branch and Jim's going to be his second in command. Dwight's going to hate that!

The only good fruitcake is a fruitcake with liquor in it.

10:37 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Even with liquor in it, i can't stomach a fruitcake...it's that gummy bear-like "fruit"...yuk. I bet the crossing guards would appreciate the added liquor! :)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

What exactly are those green cherries you buy in plastic containers at the store? Why are they so green?

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home