Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I thought they smelled bad on the outside!

Today is the school's annual free Thanksgiving lunch for faculty, staff and students. Whee! I'm 45% excited to eat turkey, taters and pie, 45% excited that I didn't have to pack a lunch for me and J today and 10% excited that I only have to get up and come to work one more day this week. Awesome.

Did everybody get to see Heroes last night? That scene with the cheerleader, Jackie, getting murdered was nasty, but I liked the rest of it. The thing with Mohinder and the boy in his dreams reminded me of that Simpsons episode where Homer eats the hot chili, hallucinates a wolf as his spirit guide and kicks a turtle over the horizon. That's good stuff. But it still doesn't explain why spirit guides are always so cryptic. They're always saying things like "You already have the answer" or "Look inside yourself." Thanks. Very helpful. I just don't understand why if you're going to go to the trouble of popping up in someone's vision, you wouldn't just be like "Yo. If you take that trip to Albuquerque, you'll wind up in a Mexican prison. So don't do it, you filthy moron." I think that would be more effective.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lunch sounds yummy!! Enjoy it!
I was scarred by Heroes early on when the guy's head was frozen and haven't been able to watch since...sounds like a good show, though. I wish I had a superpower!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I hear you--Heroes can be quite gross. I definitely like the idea of having a superpower, which may be why I like the show so much. The power of persuasion would be really cool. If I could do that, I'd have a higher salary and a neverending supply of donuts.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be a great power! I just had a donut! I would love to be able to blink and go somewhere in an instant...there's a name for that, I just can't think of it right now, maybe i am in a sugar coma?

10:35 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Teleportation? Yeah, that would rule. Think how easy Christmas shopping would be!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home