Monday, November 20, 2006

Now I can fall asleep on the couch without guilt!

Good news! J got the computer-based DVR program up and running this weekend, and it's been a resounding success so far. He recorded the Ohio State game on Saturday and burned a DVD of it, so we can watch it over and over again and since we now know the outcome, it will be much more enjoyable, I think. And J installed such a big hard drive into this computer that he's recording just about every show on cable. I think he set it up to tape 3 NFL games yesterday, all the Fox animated shows and probably a few other things just cause he could. It's sa-weet. Now, I have no idea when we're going to be able to watch all this stuff because we gotta clean up the house for Thanksgiving, but it's nice to know I can watch the Browns lose on a Thursday if I'm so inclined. Technology is a pretty cool thing sometimes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While we don't have the fancy set up you do, we LOVE the DVR! I love being able to fast forward through commercials and watching shows that come on later than I can stay up, like Brothers and Sisters which is so good!

PS: I switched the new beta blogger and hate it..so slow and it never loads right! Any suggestions?

11:35 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I haven't switched to beta just because I've been too lazy, but now I'm thinking I'll just wait. Do they have any sort of help line for it?

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there was a glitch this a.m. because now it is working alright..I just think it is a little harder to navigate but maybe it will just take some getting used to. I am not very technologically savvy!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I hear you, I'm not good with new technologies either. But I'm glad it's working better now. I'll have to switch over soon. Gah.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gonna change your life!! Be careful- it knows just how to rule everything... it'll suck you in so you don't do anything else, but watch what it wants you too!

But I still love it! :-p

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home