Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Take care of your colon and it'll take care of you

Ok, so is this right? If you claim 0 deductions on your I-9, you get more taxes taken out of each paycheck but a higher chance of a refund at the end of the year, and if you claim 1 or more deductions, you get fewer taxes taken out of each paycheck but the likelihood of a smaller refund? Have I got that right? It occurred to me this morning that tax time will be coming up soon. It still seems like a piece of cake to me since I only have one W-2 now. There were years when I had 5 or 6 and it was just a big pain in the neck. One time I actually counted up the number of jobs I've had in my life and it was over 30. Isn't that something? It takes me a while to decide on something, but once I figure it out, I'm usually good. Worst job: taking customer service calls at Verizon Wireless back when it was Bell Atlantic Mobile. What a horror that was. Best job before this one: my college job working in the gastroenterology unit at the hospital in Rochester. I've never learned so much about polyps so fast.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. how did you end up working in gastroenterology?

2. I will have Mike take a look at this since taxes are his biz and let you know if you have it right!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks for asking Mike! I appreciate it!

I just walked into the work study office at school and that was the job I ended up with. I filed a lot of reports and ran around the hospital dropping off x-rays. It was pretty interesting though. I got to see the pictures of peoples' insides when the scopes were in there and it was usually pretty gross. Cooool!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, you are right about the taxes...claim 0 and you are more likely to get more back in refunds since that deducts more from your paycheck. One of Kenny's good friends is a tax attorney and she says it is ideal to take out the right amount and then not owe or get back any refunds...the extra $ you have in your paycheck should be saved or invested...yeah, I know, that is hard, we love the refunds!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home