Friday, December 22, 2006

Love is chocolate-covered cheesecake

So we went out to dinner last night to celebrate J's former coworker's birthday. We went to the Melting Pot, which is a restaurant I love, and even though I think it's fun, we like J's friend and his family, and the service is great, that is not why I love the place so much. I love it for the dessert. Personally, if I could envision my own heaven, it would be 60-70% dipping marshmallows in warm chocolate. Mmmm. The only drawback from last night was that the dinner took 4 hours! Wow! We got there at 7:30 and didn't get home until 11:30. Now, since you all know my usual sleeping patterns, you can imagine how tired I was at that time of night. I almost passed out during the salad course. Pitiful.

I can't believe it's only 3 days until Christmas! It's so hard not to open any of my presents under the tree. Willpower...failing....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally appreciate how tired you must be! I've been up 'late' all week between airport runs and wrapping presents... it has been really tough!

I love the Melting Pot too. We went there for Valentine's Day once and they had a special where we got a champagne toast and a bottle of wine, it was awesome!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

The Melting Pot is an excellent place for a romantic dinner like that. The ambience is so nice and it is a lot of fun...as long as you don't burn yourself on the table...not that I've ever done that....

You must be so pooped if you're staying up late every night! You need to take it easy! :) Are a lot of family coming into town to visit?

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother and sister are both in town and then some of Mike's family will be in town too... Its just crazy trying to coordinate where everyone will be when...

1:48 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

And people say it's easier when you don't have to travel far for Christmas. Ha!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home