Monday, December 18, 2006

Pepe's Crazy Time

Sorry I've been away for a couple days, but we were in DC this past weekend visiting Mark and Ashley (or "Marshley," as we like to call them) and having a fantastic time! Those two are just plain awesome, and I'm not just saying that because they baked soft molasses cookies and let us eat about a dozen of them. Mmmm...cookies. We did manage to back away from the oven for a few minutes and saw the national Christmas tree (shiny), the Air & Space Museum (rockety) and the Dutch and Flemish Baroque section of the National Gallery (chiarascuro-y). It was great!

5 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I love the National Gallery!! Were there any good exhibitions up?

I am having an "Ann" day! I am scanning images to use in my Art Apprec class next semester! Any tips?
Glad you had a good visit to DC!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I could talk your ear off with tips for scanning. Are you using Power Point or an image viewer? Ideally, you want 3000 pixels on the long side of an image when you're using it for presentation, but if you're in a small classroom, you can get by with smaller. And use the clone stamp tool in Photoshop to get rid of any imperfections :)

The Gallery had a fantastic exhibit of Rembrandt's drawings and prints. It was so cool!

11:16 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Am using MS office picture manager to crop, etc. and will use them in Powerpoint. The classroom is not big, there will probably be 20-24 students, so no one is far from the screen. I don't have Photoshop on my computer, darnit. But, they look pretty decent for my purposes.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marshley! They definitely have hospitality down to a science!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I think your images will be fine then. You should ask your IT department about getting Photoshop on your computer since you're faculty because that's something you could really benefit from.

Marshley are great, aren't they?!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home