Wednesday, December 20, 2006

But my socks are so delightful

I decided to dress festive today since it's our last day of work this year. Not only do I have on snowman earrings, a red shirt and green hoodie, but I am sporting some delightful Christmas socks. I believe my Christmas sock collection is up to about 6 pairs now, but I feel the need for more. My motto when it comes to dressing for Christmas is such: just say no to Christmas sweaters but embrace the Christmas socks. Sure, I might look dorky, but I usually do anyway. That's no big whoop.

My friend at work brought in a cake today called "better than sex." It's apparently chocolate cake drizzled with caramel and condensed milk then topped with whipped cream and a Heath bar. Awwww yeah.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you post some of that cake? Haha!

I love Christmas socks as well and earings. They are nice understated ways of celebrating the season!

Glad this is your last day, I still have 2 more... and then 2 next week too.

9:10 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Yum, have had that cake before, it is delish.
Christmas socks are fun, I bet you look festive!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I can't wait until my cereal digests and I can eat some of that cake. It looks soooo good!

You know what I wish I had? One of those necklackes made out of little Christmas lights. I always thought those were cute.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I gained 3 lbs. just reading the description of that cake!

I think Christmas socks are cute but I never wear socks at all so I just admire socks on other feets.

I am so looking forward to not commuting for the next week and a half!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I just had some of the cake. OH. MY. GOODNESS!! So good! Apparently it's a Paula Dean recipe.

Yeah, I'm going to really love not having to get up early and go anywhere for a few days. Ahhh.

10:24 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I love Paula Deen's recipes...her homemade mac and cheese is yummy!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I've made her homemade mac and cheese before...delicious! One time I made it for a gathering at my sister-in-law's, and my father-in-law tasted it and said he always liked Velveeta mac and cheese better. Hmph.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up on the Kraft box kind and still eat that to this day. I've been thinking of making Paula's version though. Maybe it'll turn me off the box kind.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home