Wednesday, May 30, 2007

She is the devil's concubine!

I'm late posting today only because I had a doctor's appointment this morning. And because I had a doctor's appointment so early, I didn't feel like packing lunches, so J and I went out for lunch today. And the point of telling you this is so you see that I've been outside the building about 4 times as much today as I normally am. Why is this significant? Because it's like 90 degrees out there and I feel like the soles of my shoes are melting. Dang, it's only May! How can it be up to 90 already? This worries me because if it stays this hot all summer and I'm forced to use my car's a/c all the time (and you can just forget it if you suggest I not use it. I am a delicate flower!) and gas keeps getting more and more expensive, I may have to start selling my plasma. Which, really, would be a boon for the entire society, in my humble opinion. I have very healthy blood ever since my vampirism was cured last year.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Mythbusters did a segment on using the A/C compared to driving with the windows open, and I think it did better with the A/C on because the windows down created drag on the car! I'm not positive about that, but I know I did see an episode regarding that topic in the past. I'm sure you can check the actual results online somewhere!

I do agree, however, that this heat is getting rediculous!!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I remember hearing that about driving with your windows down, too. Nuts to that. If I've got a/c available, I'm using it.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been pretty liberal with the a/c already... my internal heating unit (baby) is at full blast!

2:45 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

I have heard the same thing about the A/C v. the windows being open. Interesting. Although, living in SC, I really don't care, I have to use the A/C or I will melt. Really. Emma Helen will say, "Mommy, I am sweating." To that, I reply, "Get used to it, it is only May, sweetie." I am so mean!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, well, it's true. Emma Helen is going to have a lot of sweaty summers ahead of her where she lives, there's no point in sugarcoating it.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home