Tuesday, May 15, 2007

You don't make friends with salad

Ok, so if I got this right, D.L., Linderman and Ted all died on Heroes last night? That was quite the body count for one episode. I actually hope Linderman manages to heal himself and come back though. I've always liked that actor. Plus, it gives any tv show weight to have an English actor on there, sounding all classy and grave with that accent. Would we all have taken Die Hard as seriously if Alan Rickman hadn't been the bad guy? I think not.

I woke up at 4:00 this morning because my cell phone battery was dying so it started beeping at me. Sweet merciful crap, if I don't get a good night's sleep sometime soon here, I'm going to go crazy. It's true. If you don't get enough deep REM sleep, you can actually start to hallucinate and lose your mind. And did you know that severe alcoholics can die from not getting enough thiamin in their diet? These are all things I learned in my biopsychology class in college. That and the neurotransmitter acetylcholine is destroyed by an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase . Tuition money well spent there.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, those were some big words there. It's crazy how much sleep you're not getting.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, apparently when I'm tired, I start to sound like an encyclopedia. Why, just now I was thinking about the psychological risk of anthropomorphizing fruit when they market food to children.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this what I have to look forward to after the baby comes?

10:43 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I don't know, but I would have to think that as bad as it is to be awake at 4 a.m. for no reason, at least I'm not hearing a baby cry. That's gotta be stressful.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home