Wednesday, May 02, 2007

STFU

There's a commercial on tv right now that is making my hair fall out. Have you seen the cell phone ad with the mom talking to her daughter (who looks to be about 9 years old or so) and the girl is talking in "text speak?" She keeps saying things like "IDK. My BFF Jill" and "TISNF." I find that so irritating that I almost can't find words to describe it...but because I know how to use the actual English language and not some abbreviated version, I'll do my best. Are kids actually going to start talking like this? Is it actually easier to say "my BFF" instead of "my best friend?" Because, last time I counted, "BFF" had more syllables than "best friend." Argh! I gotta stop watching commercials. The only ones that don't annoy me feature either Peyton Manning or pizza. For crying out loud.

2 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

that is the beauty of the DVR, my friend! you can fast forward through commercials and watch an hour-long show in 40 minutes!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart Peyton Manning commercials!There is only one commercial that I stop fast-forwarding my DVR for and it's the vaccuums that make squeeky toy noises. It's a commercial for Dyson I think but it doesn't work on me because I want a vaccuum that makes fun noises like that.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home