Friday, April 27, 2007

You can bite me, mother nature

They say that a good night's rest can make everything seem better, so it's a darn cruddy thing that I woke up early again because I'm STILL mad about last night. There were some tornadoes in the southern part of the state, and even though Columbus hardly got any rain, the NBC station kept pre-empting my shows because the warnings were in the larger viewing area. So I didn't see any of Earl, I saw about 10 minutes of The Office and I missed several parts of 30 Rock and Scrubs because the meteorologist kept coming on to update the tornado warnings. Now, the intelligent part of me understands why they did that and how important it was to the people in the affected areas, but the bigger part of me was just plain pissed. I'm not kidding, I was in such a foul mood after that. J started cracking his knuckles around 9:45 and I almost poked him in the eye with a grapefruit spoon, poor guy. I wonder if I had actually maimed him, if that would be counted as a weather-related injury? It should be.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

grapefruit spoon? I haven't used one of those in years! They have little edges on then end, right?

I hear you on the cutting in- most of the time when they cut in for anything in general, it's just to repeat the same thing over and over!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yep, the grapefruit spoon is definitely the most dangerous member of the spoon family.

I know, they just kept saying over and over that there was another tornado warning and I was like "WE GET IT!"

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get so annoyed when they interrupt with weather stuff. Just show the (already too big) map of the state in the corner of the screen with the affected areas and leave it at that.

On an unrelated note, did you get my emails this morning?

10:20 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I've gotten both your emails--you haven't gotten any of the three that I sent you?? What is going on with our email today??

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home